Tuesday, April 17, 2007

How I’ve been

I would say that I am busy and tired, but those words are overused, so I will just tell you that I have been flying by the seat of my pants and that it has been so much fun that now I am exhausted, but I am still glying by the seat of my paints.
Since spring break, I have surmounted rooming challenges and am excited about living in Tibstra next year with a few friends and a few friends of friends and maybe even some friends of friends of friends of friends, so it is clear that it will be a friendly living arrangement. If our housing request is granted, there will be six of us living in an apartment with two bedrooms, a deluxe multi-room bathroom and a good sized living room/ kitchenette area.

Another challenge recently is trying to find a good job for next summer because Honeywell is not rehiring student workers. I’ve been applying places but really have no idea what I will be doing in a month, or even where I will be living.

Last weekend was formal, a dinner cruise and dance on Lake Michigan. It was a good time and we had a great little informal group to hang out with. I wore Alissa’s bridesmaid dress and my $7 Goodwill peacoat kept me warm when we went out onto the deck to take in the Chicago skyline. Unfortunately, the d.j.s didn’t play any salsa, so all of my practice was for naught.

This week is filled with SJC (Social Justice Chapter) meetings, a talk about stewardship, hosting my grandparents on grandparents day, the SJC leading a forum as part of the LPS (Law and Politics Society) focus week, going to Chicago Shakespeare Theatre with my Shakespeare class to see Troilus and Cressida, babysitting at my roommate’s church, and going to see all of my friends in the play on Saturday. I’ll also try to get to the music festival that some of my friends are organizing for Friday night. And then there’s homework, classes, eating, showering, walking through the woods on a perfect spring day, and sleeping. Sleep always comes last.

And now I must exaunt and go make me some egg noodles before I have to register for next semester’s classes.

No comments: