Thursday, November 1, 2007

And look up at the sky

Something remarkable: tonight as I strolled from South to Tibstra, thinking about the beauty and diversity of relationships, my head tilted back and my eyes opened wide. There above me were stars. Normally I can only make out about five stars thanks to the city lights and smog. But tonight I saw more stars than I've ever seen from the suburbs. I saw the Pleiades, I saw Orion, and I saw Cassiopeia.

"And I do this to remind me that I'm really very tiny
In the grand scheme of things and sometimes this terrifies me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Rock and roll is fun but if you ever hear someone say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun
Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky. Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye"
I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye