Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pastoral visit #1.

I don't think I've ever received a pastoral visit before. The elders made their rounds when I was a small girl, but I was sent upstairs, and it was very hard to hear anything from the other side of the hall railing. Yesterday Ryan and I received a visit from a member of the Christian Ministry in the National Park's year-round staff. Pastoral visits are awesome.

Day after day, Ryan and I consciously seek out interactions that have the potential to be uncomfortable and leave us exhausted. But yesterday, someone flew and then drove many miles to seek us out and make us feel comfortable enough to be rejuvenated. She listened and prayed and offered the resources that she had.

And I feel like I got an extra night of sleep.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm thankful with you!