Friday, October 20, 2006

A bouncy ball of ideas

It’s been too long since I have written, which makes writing one more difficult because something makes it seem like I should write something profound or at least important. As if I had needed the past week and a half to gather my thoughts.

Which could be true. There is not enough time to think. We could all get more out of life if we just stopped to reflect more often. And sleep more while we are at it.

But I’ve found many chances to reflect while I am out doing things. It is not very quiet type of reflection. Kind of a “community reflection,” a bouncy ball of ideas and opinions, which can be used as a weapon, but is usually a lot of fun.

I love college. I love having all these people around. I can walk out into the hall and poke my head in peoples rooms and ask them questions and tell them what I am excited about at any hour of the day. My roommate Lori and I can talk about random topics until two-thirty in the morning. We can encourage each other and identify with each other. I have learned so much from the people I have met already this year.

I love college.

No comments: