Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I will always look back with fondness.


Sometimes people are paying for their order and they say, “So you guys drive up here everyday just to work? That must be quite a trek!” And I get to tell them that I live in the employee dorms nestled into the mountainside and half covered with snow just a five minute walk from the Jackson Visitor Center. That’s our dorm in the back, framed by the ranger’s station.

Staying in the dorms is tons of fun. Almost everyone is done with work by six or seven in the evening and no one ever has homework. When we aren’t doing ACMNP meetings or prayer times or Bible studies or music practice, we just play pool, foosball, darts, ping pong, mad gab, pictionary, scrabble, or cards. Or we watch movies or prank each other or just talk.
Everyone gets a couple days off each week, and since everyone here loves hiking, and since everyone here wants to be relatively safe, we automatically cooperate into hiking fellowships. Today it was Ryan, Felice, Erika, and I hiking together. We went down the mountain to were the trails are clear and dry. Erika was teaching me some Chinese and Felice was finding artistic points of view to capture with her digital SLR. Hao bung o! (That is indubitably spelled wrong!)

Tomorrow is the next day of my weekend, so I need to find out who else is off so we can hit the trails.

This is a picture of a grouse, I think. Quite nice. He and his mate were wandering around the dorm. And here’s one of the neighborhood foxes, checking our the preparing hikers in the parking lot.



Now I need to go take a shower, do my laundry, and pick out songs to go with the scripture for this Sunday.

No comments: