Wednesday, January 23, 2008

En Camarma

I am starting to get settled into my semester here in Sevilla. Communication with my Señora is getting easier, and I started classes today. There are so many places to go, activities to sign up for, new foods to eat, and new friends to make. And there is so much language to learn!

I am pleasantly surprised with my Spanish abilities. I did well enough on the placement exam to be in the hardest grammar class and when I am speaking Spanish, I remember to conjugate into the correct tense (I'm not saying I can conjugate with any great speed.). Right now the hardest part about speaking Spanish is speaking at all. My voice is very gone.

My roommate, Alaina, is also studying at the advanced level. We try to speak Spanish to each other, especially when we are out and about. But we pull out the English when we are having conversations lasting several hours or when we've only been awake for several minutes. We are quite a team, especially when it comes to dinnertime.

Part of settling in here in Sevilla is catching you all up on my time in Camarma, which flew by because I was having fun. Here's some pictures:


Tabblo: dos semanas en Camarma

Camarma de Esteruelas (or just 'Camarma') is the small town were I stayed for two weeks. It's a commuter town to the capital city of Spain. ... See my Tabblo>


No comments: