Thursday, April 17, 2008

eighty extra euros

After we missed our flight to Rome (the things we teach ourselves the hard way after "getting a night of sleep" in a bus) I was asking God just how much it cost to get from one place to another:

God, how much does it cost to get from one place to another?

"More or less my child. More than you thought it would, but less than the value of my thoughts about you. I love you, and I paid for you to fly direct from hell to heaven. I will pay for Alaina's training to become my messenger. Don't let her worry, I won't let her fail at the task I have given her. I bought the smile on Bryna's face. I will carry your family to their new home. And I will carry your heart through its mountainous journey until you yourself have a place to call home.

"None of this is what you expected. None of it will be as you plan. That is because you asked me to make this less about you and more about me. And I answer prayer.

"I will give you less and less of what you expect. You think your life is crazy now? You haven't seen crazy yet. The only place your going to settle anytime soon is in my heart. Isn't it funny how some gentle shaking has a settling power? I will never shake you to hard.

"Borchers Road will not disappear. This summer will not return you broken. I will carry you from Sevilla to Sol Duc in the palm of my hand. I will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more."

Coming and going. God, how much does it cost to get from one place to another?

"More than you ever dreamed, but less than I am willing to pay. For you, my child."

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Thanks for this post. What a great reminder of how generous God is with us.

A side note: I think your English is slipping- you have a wrong "your/you're" and "to/too" in your post! Or maybe you're just tired after all that travel!

g'mavw said...

Hannah sounds like a school teacher:)