Thursday, May 29, 2008

Communication. Upwards, please.

I hesitate to admit it– here, amidst the mountains, in the thick, mossy forest of the Olympic Peninsula, forty-two miles from the nearest grocery store and almost as far from any cell phone reception: I have internet access. After I type this from my perch high on my bunk in the small room I share with five other college girls, I will bring my laptop to the lounge, plug in the ethernet cable, and put this on the internet.

Why don't I want to have internet? Because I just want to be here. I want to focus on my tasks here: my job (busser), my friendships (still to be formed), and my ministry (not only leading the Sunday morning worship services in the ampitheater between this dorm and the campground, but being a light in this group of seasonal workers).

I don't want to have internet just because last summer we didn't have internet. I am pathetic.

And I don't know if I'll blog as much. Don't expect it. This summer will be defined by the people here, their standards, what they do… and how I react. My written reactions will be in my journal, not on the internet.

Please pray a lot for me.

No comments: